With Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, now is the time to show off some of your new favorite songs to both family and friends. Now is also the time to remember some of MCEE’s new favorite songs, so we felt it was a perfect opportunity for us to give you all with a quick new music update and some of the songs we are most thankful for!
Starting off with some new music, Pharrell and Travis Scott gave us a new single, Down in Atlanta, just last week which combines both of their styles while making an uplifting, transcendent song. While we are personally upset about the split of Brockhampton, we could not be happier about their recent album release, The Family, and the subsequent surprise release of their final album, TM. Moving into another genre, AJR released their new single titled The DJ Is Crying For Help, where they discuss the difficulties of getting old but still trying to appeal to their younger audience. Lastly, with the World Cup starting this past it is only fair that we include Jung Kook and BTS’ new theme song for the international tournament, Dreamers.
For songs to play at your Thanksgiving dinner table, we recommend starting with a Billy Joel classic, Vienna. Similarly, a dinner party favorite we suggest is about how large the world is and how a single person can mean even more than that to someone else. Brandy, by Looking Glass is just that song and has always been a classic anthem. Last, but certainly not least, a more current song to listen to with family while spending this week at home is Cough Syrup by Young the Giant. While these are just a select few from our entire collection, we felt it would give you all a look into our family lives this week. Of course we have a litany of songs that fit this week perfectly including When We Were Young by Adele, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 and Waiting On The World to Change by John Mayer. We realize our taste may be slightly basic, but these are some of the songs that make our week that much more enjoyable. Hoping that you all get the chance to make some memories through music this week and happy listening!
Here's some other songs to add to your queue:
1. Southern Night by Glen Campbell
2. Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley & The Wailers
3. Carolina In My Mind by James Taylor
4. South Cross by Crosby, Stills & Nash
5. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant by Billy Joel
6. Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
7. Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me by Elton John
8. Cleopatra by The Lumineers
9. Send Me On Your Way by Rusted Root
10. Valerie (feat. Amy Winehouse) by Mark Ronson
11. Ooh La La by Faces
12. 'tis the damn season by Taylor Swift
13. Don't Know Why by Norah Jones
14. Shotgun by George Ezra
15. Mirrors by Justin Timberlake
16. Fire and the Flood by Vance Joy
17. Brother (feat. Gavin DeGraw) by NEEDTOBREATHE
18. Light On by Maggie Rogers
19. I Go Through by O.A.R.
20. When We Were Young by Adele